What Is A Multi-purpose Contact Lenscare Solution (Lenscare 101, Why Lenscare?)?
Contact Lens care solutions are products that are used to clean, disinfect, and store contact lenses. For safely wearing contact lenses, you must correctly follow the lens care regimen provided by your optometrist to keep your eyes healthy and free from any irritation or infections.
Remember that only your eye care specialist can prescribe a suitable contact lens and lens care solutions as per your eye’s needs , so talk to them before you start using a new lens care system or contact lens.
What Is A Multi-purpose Contact Lenscare Solution?
Multi-purpose lens care solutions are the all-in-one care products that can be used to clean, rinse, disinfect, and store all kinds of soft contact lenses. Mostly, soft contact lens wearers use multi-purpose lens care solutions.
The term ‘Multi-Purpose’ contact lens solution denotes the ability to fulfill the requirements of multiple lens care functions. Multi-purpose contact lens solution effectively carries out several functions such as cleaning, disinfecting, rinsing, and storing your contact lenses.
Previously, one had to use different solutions for different lens care functions, such as cleaning lenses, disinfecting, and storing them. Today, with a Multi-purpose lens care solution, you don’t need to use multiple products for cleaning, rinsing, rubbing, disinfecting, and storing your contact lenses.
Key Highlights: Lens care Tips To Keep In Mind
Properly wash your hands with soap and water as well as remember to dry your hands with a lint-free towel before handling contact lenses.
Put a minimum of 3 drops of multipurpose lens care solution on each side of the surface of your contact lenses and gently rub it for 20 seconds.
After rubbing the lenses, rinse each side of the contact lenses thoroughly with multipurpose lens care solution for at least 5 seconds.
Place the contact lenses into a clean lens storage case and soak it with multipurpose lens acre solution.
Steps For Safely Removing Your Contact Lenses
- Before touching your contact lenses, you must thoroughly wash and dry your hands with a lint-free tissue or towel.
- Begin by removing the contact lens from your right eye, then place it in the palm of your hand and put some multi-purpose lens care solution on each side of the lens.
- Follow it by gently rubbing both sides of the contact lens with your finger for a few seconds (15 to 20 sec).
- Rinse each side of your contact lens thoroughly for about 5 seconds using fresh multi-purpose contact lens solutions.
- Once completed, carefully place the lens in the storage case’s right compartment.
- Repeat step number 2 to 5 for the contact lens in your left eye.
Steps For Storing The Contact Lenses Properly
- Fill the contact lens storage case to the brim with a fresh multi-purpose lens care solution to ensure that the lenses stay covered with the solution.
- Tighten the lens storage case caps securely and allow your contact lenses to soak in for at least 6 hours or overnight for effective disinfection.
Easy-going Contact Lens Hygiene Plan for Multi-purpose Lens care Solutions Always:
- Follow your eye care specialist’s instructions regarding contact lenses wear and care, including the use of a multi-purpose lens care solution.
- Clean the storage case by rubbing it with a fresh multi-purpose lens care solution.
- After cleaning the storage case, discard the leftover multi-purpose contact lens solution and rinse it with a fresh multi-purpose lens care solution.
- Store the multi-purpose lens care solution bottle at the temperature indicated on the packaging, which is typically at room temperature.
- Keep the multi-purpose lens care solution bottle tightly closed when you are not using it.
- Allow your contact lenses or lens storage case to come into contact with any other form of liquid, except the recommended multi-purpose contact lens solution.
- Use your contact lenses while swimming, showering, or enjoying water sports.
- Use soap and detergents to clean your lens storage case.
- Re-use multi-purpose lens care solutions, or use lens acre solutions beyond their date of expiration.
- Use the storage lens case longer than advised.
- Change your specific type of multi-purpose lens care solution by consulting with your eye care specialist first.
- Mix a multi-purpose lens care solution with any other kind of fluids.
Find The Best Multi-Purpose Lens Care Solution For Yourself
Using the proper kind of lens care solution for your contact lenses is crucial. Suppose you are using disposable contact lenses such as monthly or yearly disposables. In that case, it is recommended that you clean them daily using a prescribed multi-purpose lens care solution.
Such solutions are a one-stop answer to all your lens care problems as you don’t need to buy multiple solutions for rinsing, cleansing, disinfecting, and storing contact lenses. Bausch+Lomb offers the following multi-purpose lens care solutions:
- Renu fresh Multi-purpose Solution
- Renu Advanced Formula Multi-Purpose Solution
- Biotrue Multi-Purpose Solution
Remember that taking care of your contact lenses ensure that your eyes stay healthy, so consult with your optometrist and find the best multi-purpose contact lens solution suiting your needs. While you are at it, discuss Bausch+Lomb’s range of multi-purpose lens care solutions and different types of contact lenses!
* Data on file Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
How To Select The Right Contact Lens Solution
Contact lenses are the ideal new-age solution for vision correction. Compared to glasses, contact lenses provide better peripheral vision acuity, freedom of mov...Know More
3 Ways To Manage End-Of-Day Contact Lens Wear Discomfort
Are you regular to wearing contact lenses as part of your daily morning ritual and head out to own the day? But by day end, it feels like something is not qu...Know More
3 Things To Keep In Mind To Take Care Of Kids Eye
When it comes to children, they rarely get to understand the symptoms of health problems. Unless they have fallen sick, they tend to be careless and often ig...Know More
3 Things To Consider While Choosing Your Lenscare Solutions
Unexplained red eyes- how many times have you worked diligently to achieve the perfect contact lens fit only to be frustrated in the end? Making you second-g...Know More
Dos And Don’ts To Remember While Using Lenscare
Nearly 45% of adults who are frequent to wearing contact lenses report that they sometimes wear the lenses longer than they are supposed to. Similarly,  n...Know More
Here’s How You Can Simplify Your Contact Lens Care Routine
Wearing contact lenses brings benefits of convenience, comfort, and peripheral vision over eyeglasses. With today’s technological advancements, you will find...Know More
Here's Why You Should Not Use Just Any Solution to Treat Your Contact
Globally, many people rely on contact lenses, eyeglasses, or surgeries to improve their eyesight. In the case of contact lenses, people prefer wearing them f...Know More