Lenses For People Over 40 Years Of Age
40’s is that time of life when you might start facing problems related to your vision. There is a possibility of unclear vision for close distances, especially when you read a book or work on your laptop. It is quite common for people to face problems of presbyopia at this age.
To continue with your daily routine with no interruptions, it will be a viable option to wear contact lenses. Eye care professionals highly recommend contact lenses which are convenient for use. They also provide benefits such as no reflections and real image size. After 40, it is natural to develop near vision-related problems.
Changes With Age
With growing age, there are some common problems that you might face:
- A need for more light comes with age. The use of brighter lights will make it easier for you to read or work.
- The difficulty related to reading can increase as the flexibility of the eye lens decreases over time. Therefore, you may wear contact lenses, which will help you with clear vision every day.
- When you are driving to work, you might face glare due to reflection. With contact lenses, you are assured of a safe-drive.
- 1With increasing age, the tear glands in the eyes produce fewer tears, which may lead to irritation and dryness in the eyes. There are contact lenses that are made for people above the age of 4o with materials especially suitable for the eye at this age. Therefore, to avoid such situations, you may wear contact lenses made up of these materials. Daily disposables are a good option too.
Age-Related Vision Problems
Until a few years ago, there were only a few lenses available, but with changing times, many options are available. There are different problems that the eyes develop, and it is essential to understand the various types of lenses that are suitable for each problem.
The situations where you face difficulty in near vision, you have various options that help maintain a clear vision, such as the use of eyeglasses, contact lenses, and laser surgery. If you opt for contact lenses, the eye care professionals advise the usage of multifocal lenses. To continue with tasks that demand close contact, you must know that multifocals are also available in daily disposable option .
As the flexibility of the lens inside the eyes decreases, presbyopia develops in the eyes. It advances with age, and you will require changing your eyeglass or contact lens prescriptions more often.
Warning Bells For Eye Problems
It is imperative that you understand the eye risks and vision problems, as they tend to increase during the 40’s. When these following symptoms start to show, it is a sign of serious eye health problems:
- If you are experiencing a fluctuating vision, 2 it can cause damage to the blood vessels in the retina of your eye. This situation might lead to a loss in vision, which can further become permanent.
- The loss of peripheral vision may be caused due to an eye condition called glaucoma. In this condition, if the optic pressure is increased, the retina gets damaged.
- There can be times when you will see spots or3 floaters in your eyes. It is a natural condition in the eye’s aging process. The increase in floaters means that the retina of your eye is facing a tear and can detach soon. During such events, you must get it treated as quickly as possible before you lose your vision.
Good eye health becomes an essential factor with increasing age. Contact lenses are beneficial for many eye-related problems. Therefore, you should consult your eye care professional and find the right pair of lenses.
One day contact lenses are a practical option. It also includes the selection of lenses from multifocals to colored contact lenses (Lacelle) by trusted brands like Bausch &Lomb. With daily disposable lenses, you can replace them daily, which prevents you from eye problems.
5- Point Checklist To Consider When Buying A Contact Lens
If you’ve finally decided to move away from eyeglasses to contact lenses, there are some things to cross on your checklist before making the purchase. Buying...Know More
How And Where To Get Your First Contact Lenses
Almost all people who wear eyeglasses can switch to contact lenses without any complications. If you are someone who has always worn glasses and are just get...Know More
5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Be Skeptical About Buying Contact Lenses
Are you tired of having your glasses slide down the bridge of your nose? Do you wish that you did not have to take your eyeglasses with you all the time? If ...Know More
Thinking About The Right Age To Wear Contact Lens? Here Is What You Need To Know
Wearing and caring for contact lenses requires more involvement in a way that keeps your eyes and vision at its best than simply putting on a pair of glasses...Know More
Which Type Of Contact Lens Is Made For You?
Contact lenses technology is continually advancing, and as a result, the user has a variety of options to choose from according to their personal comfort and...Know More
Your Guide To A Comfortable Contact Lens Experience
Contact lenses offer many benefits as compared to eyeglasses. The continually developing technology and the use of better materials make contact lenses more ...Know More
5 Questions to Ask Your Eye Care Professional
Undeniably, eyesight is one of the most cherished and valued senses, which is why it’s so important to consult your eye care specialist regularly to ensure t...Know More
Find Out If It’s Time for You to Switch Your Contact Lenses
Contact lenses are a blessing in disguise for those who need vision correction and also don’t want to compromise on looks and convenience. Before making any ...Know More
What Is The Right Age For Your Child To Start Wearing Contacts?
A question that parents frequently ask eye care specialists when their children get prescribed with an eye prescription is, ‘What is the right age for
A-Z of Contact Lens Expiration Dates
Generally, most man-made products come with an expiration date, and so does contact lenses. You will find the expiry date mentioned on every individual lens ...Know More
Top 3 Bausch + Lomb Contact Lenses Available In The Market For Students
Oh, the college years! Learning, making friends, working hard and partying harder. College days mark an exciting period in your life when you want to make th...Know More